Friday, October 17, 2008

Harlequin (Bondage)

Smiling is easy
Smiling takes very few muscles
So smile for them all
with every muscle in your face
Smile so they won't think to look
for the scars on your wrists and legs,
the razor in your purse
Smile so the won't bother to ask
when was the last time you ate
the last time you threw up
Smile so they won't know how much you hate the mirror
and the girl it holds

Dancing is simple, too

Right foot, left hand

One-step, two-step

Move the arms, move the legs

in rythm with the gossamer chains

Dance around the subject

Dance around the problem

Motion is all they're looking for

Dance for them to see

I will show you how.


Smile and dance

my little harlequin

Let me help you play the game

I can tug the strings and i can pull the lines

Force the smile, work the rythm

you know you should

it's what they're expecting of you

Happiness, Contentment

Perfection

You know you can't live up to that

my little pet

so let me help you fool them all

Smile so they won't suspect

Dance so they won't look

even if that's what you really want

Wear your porcelain grin

and dance your lonely waltz, my poppet

I will be here, whispering

always

No comments: