Thursday, July 17, 2008

I don't know what to call this so I'm just gonna run with it.

In our society, we as people tend to fight tooth and nail every day for our share. to make sure that we don't get lost in obscurity and that we receive all that we deserve/want/need/whatever else floats your boat here. We do this by making ourselves the center of attention, at any time by any means. whether its by being hosptiable, being smart, being caring, or being the best at something (all examples from my life) we never cease striving to make sure that others see we are there and that we are good enough, that we deserve something: love, affection, time, money, blessings, etc... So there is a whole generation out there, having been taught to grab the bull by the horns, to take the pearl at any cost, even if its from somone else's oyster, and to make sure that THEY are happy, who are desparately trying to make themselves known.

But the opposite is the only thing that works. When I finally fell down, realized that I had nothing, was nothing without Christ, i finally was able to see and recieve what He had been storing up for me. Working at His pace, not mine. saying "what am i ready for You to show me" instead of "Show me everything You've got". Realizing that I can't accomplish anything by my hands, so trying to get something done is entirely fruitless. Realizing that knowledge without revelation of the Spirit is empty words, and passion without the Spirit's wisdom is recklessness. That i dont need to accomplish something the Lord has already done for me. i must simply obey Him and be there when He calls. That is pretty much all I am responsible for. Suddenly my job is less complicated, and i can finally rest. I like resting.

2 comments:

Jessica Sanford said...

The final line of this reminds me of the movie "Elf"...

"I like resting. Resting is my favorite!"

Judy said...

I think you are definitely becoming all that you always fought to be....awesome, and completely unique. I'm proud we are family.