Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lacrimo Mundus

one day
God said to me,
"Come and see
what I have to show you.
Come and see
your heart."
He showed me a place
a vast expanse
jagged and cold
the ground with open chasms,
gaping wounds in the earth.
as i bit back tears,
He said, "Come and see."
He brought me to a river
clean and pure,
its waters refreshing and cool,
pouring forth from beyond
cleasnsing the ground,
the land becoming lush,
the chasms now
lakes and streams
of the healing water.
then He said
"Come and see
what I have to show you.
Come and see
the world around you."
and He showed me.
children afraid to go to school,
afraid to go home,
whose fathers remind them
of bruises and booze,
whose mothers are cold and distant.
where husband and wife despise one another
and destroy the child in their spite
i saw the tenderhearted spurned
for their kindness
the leaders chastised
for their strength
the creative cursed
for their art
and the practical burned
for their efficiency.
as bitter tears rent
my heart,
He said to me,
"Now, come and see
what I truly want to show you.
Come and see
the whole world."
the hearts of few
became many to my eyes.
hundereds
to thousands
to billions
sons and daughters
raped and beaten
brothers and sisters
neglected and starved
fathers and mothers
dying
their hearts becoming stone
before having a chance to beat.
A whole world
afraid, crying, wounded
drowing in their sea
of tears and blood
crying out
to be delivered
my Lord is silent
as His tears fall,
each one tearing at His face
each one filled with pain and sorrow.
A deluge of greif.
He looks at me
with His tear stained eyes,
glorious and majestic in their suffering
and says "Go
spread the news to the affilcted
bind up the broken hearts
set the captives free
release the prisoners
greive for those who mourn
proclaim the year of My favor
and the day of My vengence."
so i gather
my sword and sheild.
i don my armor and
take to the field
where the battle rages below.
i was afraid to fight before,
but for the tears of my Father,
the tears of the hurting
the tears of the world
i will

No comments: