Friday, July 4, 2008

Just a thought

What would it be like if the body of Christ stopped trying to be godly people and just let themselves be what God made them? I mean, I understand that we all have bondage that prevents that and we fight the battle for our minds daily to pick up our cross, say no to sin and yes to Christ, but still. i wasted so much time trying to be compassionate, trying to be pastoral, trying to find something to teach. the moment i stopped trying to be who God made me and just let myself be His creation, His sheep, His beloved child, my heart began to swell and weep for the world, i began to understand what it truly means to shepherd a flock, and i finally had a lesson. i didnt just have one, i couldnt keep myself from bringing it to the table. I was finally able to write again and the words just poured out of me. I cant really begin to describe it. but it only happened once i stopped trying to be what I already was. What would happen if the whole body, the church, the bride of Christ, decided to stop acting like the things they're not, ceased striving to become what they already are, and let God be who He is and reflect Himslef through them in the way they were made to?

2 comments:

G.N. said...

In light of the last week. How do you answer your question?

Zach said...

in light of last week, i beleive that striving to be what God wants us to be is one of the greatest tools of the enemy. we live in a culture where you get what you want in 2 minutes tops, and all this striving is effectively us saying,"God i want this now, You are going to slow for me"
but to actually answer the question. When people allow themselves to be what God has ordained for them to be, God's glory is made manifest upon the natural and spiritual worlds